Our History

September 3, 1969 marked the genesis of this school as Pembroke Hall Junior Secondary School.It was one of the fifty (50) schools of its type built with the technical assistance and loans from the World Bank. Situated on Pembroke Hall Drive (now Ken Hill Drive) in St. Andrew, the premises occupy approximately ten (10) acres of land.
The school began under the leadership of Mr. W. A. Titus. Although the school’s
accommodation was 1,215 students, at the opening there were thirty three (33) teachers and eight hundred (800) students in attendance.

33
CERTIFIED TEACHERS
1500
STUDENTS ENROLLED
900
CXC PASSES

Embodiment of our motto “Excellence Always”:

Making sure each student achieves their fullest potential. Our curriculum, instructional practices, behaviour intervention and career development programs is designed to enhance student success.  ~ Rev. Claude Ellis (Principal)